Requiem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mm Guide [PVE] 3.3.5

5 posters

Go down

Mm Guide [PVE] 3.3.5 Empty Mm Guide [PVE] 3.3.5

Post by Elune Fri 2 Nov 2012 - 13:09

Hi. This is guide for MM hunters designed for our MMO server. With all glitches and bugs that come with private server, as well as big amount of MM hunters in our guild, I find it necessary to make Hunter Guide.

I-Spec
II-Stats
III-Gear
IV-Professions
V-Rotation
VI-Pet
VII-Good Tips
VIII-Macros

I Spec

Survival is good, Beast Master sux, Mm is best thing you can chose to play. Even tho you will probably think how you can never compete with good Fire Mage or Affliction Warlock, that means, you are just NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hunters are fine, maybe they are little nerfed, but you can for sure compete for rank 1 in dps.

I will put here 3 different specs.
1st one: For new Greeny/Epic hunters, which just joined guild
2nd one: For semi-geared hunters, which are on 100% Armor Penetration or close
3rd one: For high-xp hunters, which are constantly in top of dps

I will explain.
1st talents, are for new hunters, green hunters, who are mostly carried in our raids. You will help the raid with your improved Hunter's Mark, and, while you are getting your gear, you will learn your rotation and practice your playing.
2nd talents, those are for all other hunters from 50% armor penetration to 100%, this is perfect spec, with Trueshot Aura. You are buffing raid with it.
3rd talents, difference is  that with this spec, you do not have Trueshot aura, and it is required that in raid is another hunter with it, or Blood Deathknight/Enha shaman. You are getting + 2%crit on Steady Shots, and loosing buff that someone else can buff already.
NOTE: For third spec, you need to get permission from Elune and raid leaders to use it.

II Stats

Hit > Armor Penetration > Agility > Attack Power > Haste > Intelect

So, you need 8% Hit rating to be capped. You have 3 from your talents, so you need additional 5% hit from your gear/enchants/gems. However, if you have Draenei, you can go with 4% hit rating.

Armor Penetration. You need 100% Armor Penetration, so that means you need 1400 Armor Penetration Rating. No, you cannot get less then that, you need 1400. It is possible to get it with Deathbringer Will as well as good gear setup and gems.

When you are 100% Armor Pene capped, you are going for Agility stats. That is basicly it.

III Gear

I am honestly, lazy to link from wowhead, so I will just write manually what should be ur end game gear.

Head -> t10
Neck -> Sindragosa Neck (25/25hc or 10hc)
Shoulders -> t10
Back -> 60 EOF from vendor, or Chest from TOC 25 hc.
Chest -> t10
Wrist -> Gunship (25/25hc)
Hands -> t10
Waist -> Festergut (25/25hc or 10hc Princes 10hc)
Legs -> Lady (25/25hc or leatherworking)
Feet -> Leatherworking or Festergut 10hc
Fingers -> Dreamwalker (25/25hc or Deathbrginer 10hc) + Ashen Verdict reputation
Trinkets -> WFS hc + Deathbringer HC (When RS is opened, you can use RS one instead of WFS).

That is about it.

IV Professions

Since you need to reach Armor Penetration cap, best professions for it are:
Blacksmithing + Jewelcrafting.
If you gonna PvP in your free time, I recomend
Jewelcrafting + Engineering.
Nothing else can compare to this 3 professions.

From engineering, you can enchant your back and Hands in PVE as well.

V Rotation
I will write rotation as Simple as it Should be.
Hunter's mark before the fight. (If you have hunter with improved HM, let him do it).
Use Missdirection on your tank.
1. Pop all Cooldowns (Rapid Fire, Call of the Wild, Furious Howl(Rank 6) (if you are using Wolf), Engi hands enchant)
2. Chimera Shot (go with Multi Shot if there are more then 1 target you should DPS)
3. Aimed Shot
4. Readiness
Repeat 2 and 4.
5. Steady Shot until cooldown for Chimera Shot and Aimed Shot are ready again.
Repeat 2, 4, 5.
When your Rapid Fire is over, use another one instantly.

Now, when you need to move, try to move when your Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot are ready to be casted, you can move and cast those at same time.
If you need to move, and those 2 are on cooldown, use Arcane Shot. Never use it in your normal rotation, only when you need to move and you don't have anything else to use!

VI Pets

Best pets are 2 pets,
Wolf or Cat.
You can tame them in Night Elf starting zone (Cat) or under Dalaran (Wolf).
Cat is doing slightly bigger damage then wolf, but your wolf have 340 Attack Power buff every 20 seconds for 20 seconds. Op right. It should buff only you and your pet, but it buffs entire raid, so I suggest you use Wolf for time being.

VII Good Tips

Auto Shots. This is so important ability. It will make biggest damage output during the fight.
You need to learn how to properly use this, meaning, you need to learn how to use it 100% of the time.

First, you need an addon.
Quartz
With this addon, you can see your Auto Shot Swing.
Screenshot
This White Bar, is my Auto Shot swing bar, and when ever it comes until the end, it will fire 1 Arrow (Auto Shot).

It won't fire, if you are moving when it comes until the end, so, I suggest you to practice on target dummy.
You need to learn, how to move and not to slack with Auto Shot, meaning, you need to learn how to move and stop for 1 milisecond to fire your Auto Shot and then continue to run (when you need to move ofc).
This will be tricky on begining maybe, but once you learn it, you will see how your DPS and your PvP as well will be much much better.

When you need mana, switch to Aspect of Viper, and use ur AOE to regain mana. On more adds you use, more mana you will get back.

VIII Macros

Now, about some macros. I will type here my macros for my abilities.
#showtooltip Aimed Shot(Rank 9)
/cast !Auto Shot
/petattack
/cast [@pettarget,exists] Kill Command
/cast Aimed Shot(Rank 9)
/use Sanctified Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Handguards
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast Furious Howl(Rank 6)

So, this macro will start my Auto Shots (this is extreamly important, because your Auto Shots sometimes stop attacking and you need to retarget your target for it to work), then it will send my pet to attack, it will use Kill Command (which doesn't share DR with any ability).
Then he will cast Aimed Shot, use my Hand Enchant (Engineering), and if I have wolf, it will cast his Buff.

Use same macro for Steady Shots, Chimera shots, Multi Shots, and Arcane shot. Just change name of Aimed Shot into any one of those.

Cooldown Macro:
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Call of the Wild
/use Handgrips of Frost and Sleet  (to be honest I have no idea what is this last shit >.>)

And, what I forgot, your gems.

10 Stats into your head (for your Meta Gem to be activated)
21 Agi 3% crit as your meta
20 Armor Pene until you are capped
20 Agility, once you are finished with Armor Pene
Feel free to gem your hit rating, if you need hit.

Glyphs:
Glyph of Aimed Shot
Glyph of Chimera Shot
Glyph of Serpent Sting

You can change Aimed and Chimera with Glyph of Steady Shot/Rapid Fire/Hawk and Kill Shot, if you find your self lagging or something.

Last edited by Elune on Sun 5 Apr 2015 - 22:40; edited 1 time in total
Elune
Elune
Chaos

Character sheet
Character Name: Elune
Race : Night Elf Night Elf
Class: Druid Druid

http://requiem-ld.wowrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Mm Guide [PVE] 3.3.5 Empty Re: Mm Guide [PVE] 3.3.5

Post by Atina Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 17:53

I'd like to add my macros in here in case someone finds them helpful
My rotation starts with this one

/cast Serpent Sting
/petattack

after that goes chimera shot and for aimed shot i use

/cast Aimed Shot
/cast Silencing Shot
/cast Kill Command
/cast Furious Howl

and when all of them are on cooldown i'm using steady shot

/cast Steady Shot
/cast !Auto Shot

there are also these 2 macros that are sometimes needed

/cast [target=mouseover] Tranquilizing Shot

for dispelling enrage or magic effect from something
and my misdirection macro

/cast [target=focus] Misdirection;

Atina
Atina
Royal Guardian

Character sheet
Character Name: Atina
Race : Draenei
Class: Warrior Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Paps Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 22:33

May I suggest an MM spec for geared hunters, tested by me and proven itself working.

It was an experiment, which I've made with a friend hunter, using one of the specs, given above, I think the second one. So the experiment was: aatacking a heroic dummy with poping of all cooldown and PVE rotation. The results: about 4.700 DPS and 450 000 damage done ( until he rans out of mana ). Afterwards he used my spec, in which I find crucial 2 talents: Improved steadyshot and most important Rapid Recuperation, which makes you way more mana efficient, assuming the fact that rapid can be cast twice in the beggining of the fight thanks to readiness, you basicaly go through you starting burst w/o loosing mana because of rapid recuperation. And so the results done with my spec were: about 4.900 DPS ( not a great improvement), but the overal damage done have increased by about 80% from 450 000 to 750 000, which I find great.

Here's the spec, in my opinion ic could be used by geared or semi-geared hunters: Click
Paps
Paps
Sensei

Character sheet
Character Name: Paps
Race : Dwarf Dwarf
Class: Hunter Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Elune Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 22:43

You are wasting your points for mana talents, which in good raid, you should never have problem with it. As for improved steady shots, you could change 2-3 talents from improved barrage into steady shot, and actually gain or lose something depending on ur luck, but spec above is by far, best there is.

Wasting points into rapid requ.. is waste of points in good raid setup.

note: i am not counting Lich King fight, you will OOM there no matter what u use. Best trick on our server is to farm mass of mana potions and use 3-4 at same time by spamming a button. You can instant after feign dead and leave combat thus, you can use them again in 1 minute. = Profit and infinite mana.
Elune
Elune
Chaos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paps Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 22:53

Never knew abot that trick with the potions xD, Im getting some ideas now for an improved spec, jesus it's exciting.
Paps
Paps
Sensei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Elune Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 23:18

Take second spec, make good macros, practice it on target dummy. When ever u are not casting abilities u are loosing dps. Fraps ur self while on boss, and all unnecessary running/not casting/slacking is what makes u lose dps.

Learning how to predict situations, and learning encounters, makes it easier for u to minimize ur running and moving = MORE Dps.

That is what makes Good Player separate from Bad player.
Elune
Elune
Chaos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Paps Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 10:41

I was wondering about the Improved Hunter's mark, why ain't we use it? It's a 125 bonus att power or is it not working ?
Paps
Paps
Sensei

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atina Sun 4 Nov 2012 - 10:51

It's not worth it when you obtain endgame gear and you are the only hunter in the raid
Atina
Atina
Royal Guardian

Character sheet
Character Name: Atina
Race : Draenei
Class: Warrior Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by le NenchYeee Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 23:24

Sorry for necroposting, though I believe there is no such thing as necroposting in PvE guides section.

This macro might get useful for Engineering hunters out there, wanting to have 1 macro only to use different kinds of Hands enchants (as most of you'd use Haste on PvE, and Pyro Rocket on PvP).

Macro:
#showtooltip Chimera Shot
/cast Chimera Shot
/use 10

IF you want to make such macros on your own, about different items, here's the list of item slot numbers:

0   Ammo
1   Head
2   Neck
3  Shoulder  
4  Shirt
5  Chest  
6  Belt  
7  Legs
8  Feet
9  Wrist
10 Gloves
11 Finger 1 (Top)